Friday 11 April 2014

Evaluation Questions- (7) (FINAL)







































Looking back on your preliminary task, what do you think you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?


A lot of improvement has been made from my prelim task the first being the quality of the photos that I took along with the clothes that were worn in the shoot. In my prelim shoot I took pictures of my model with them wearing what they had come to college to that day. I was not taking into account my audience or the purpose of the shot and what the shot was going to be used for. I was aiming to get the shot and complete the front cover. This was completely different when I was doing my main final piece of work as I took time over the framing of the shot and took into account the Rule of Thirds. I also thought about what clothes and make up my model would be wearing and how those aspects could align with my overall Oriental Theme.
 Everything about the photography was thought out whilst I was creating the persona of my character/artist. 
The lighting on my prelim photo was basic and did not illuminate the model that I was using well enough. As you can see the lighting causes shadows to be cast on the face of my model. This is unlike my final piece. The pose of my model on my prelim cover shot and final cover shot are strikingly similar but this was just a coincidence.
The colouring I have used on my final piece suits the model and the topic/genre of the magazine unlike my prelim piece in which I used a plain black text colour as I didnt take into account what my audience and purpose was.


3 comments: