Wednesday 9 April 2014

Evaluation Questions- 6 FINAL

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?

Blogger- I have learnt how to effectively use Blogger to communicate my work to my peers. I have also seen the problems that come with using Blogger and how to overcome these problems. For example the placement of images from Google Images etc. Blogger was also an effective way for my teachers and peers to view my work. It could be accessed from almost anywhere and edited also making it easy to complete my work.

Flickr- I had never used Flickr before this project and I have found it very useful and very easy to use. This was an invaluable asset in creating my magazine as I could access my pictures wherever I was so that I could finalise the pictures I was going to use even when I wasn't at college.

Facebook
- I used Facebook to find my model for my magazine. Without Facebook and the contact abilities that it has it would have been a lot harder to find a suitable model for my magazine.


Scribd
- I have used Scribd to upload various documents to make them available for my peers on my blog using Blogger. This increased upload speed of the blog posts as it would have taken a lot longer because of the amount of text used.


E-Mail
- I used email to broaden my search for a model as my first model wasn't want I was looking for and didn't suit the style of my magazine. I contacted someone that I knew who put me in contact with some models. However I did not find a suitable model that was willing to travel down to do the shoot. Even though I didn't find someone, email was a very effective tool that I used.


Photoshop
-Without Photoshop I would not have been able to compile and create my magazine. It allowed me to use all of the tools that I 
would have needed to create a magazine that looked professional and effective. Some of the tools that I used on Photoshop that were crucial to the creation of my magazine were- Crop- Crop was one of my primary tools when creating my magazine. It allowed me to fine tune my photos so that I got the shot that I had aimed for. This was a crucial tool throughout my magazine as I used it on my Front Page, Contents Page and Double Page Spread.
Transform- Transform was also another tool that I used that help me perfect the images that I used on my Front Page, Contents Page and Double Page Spread. This tool allowed me to resize the various images that I used to fit the purpose of my magazine. For example I needed 4 images on my contents page but all of them wouldn't fit. This is when I decided to use the transform tool and make the images smaller to fit the purpose.
Brightness/Opacity- I used this on my cover page photo to make my model look brighter and more suitable for my genre of Electro/J-Pop as most of the models used on other magazines have really bright features which I would not have been able to create with the lighting we had, meaning I would have to implement this feature artificially.  
Fill- I used the fill tool frequently, mostly on the various iterations of my masthead and also large text that was used on my contents page. Without this tool I would not have been able to successfully create an effective masthead without this tool. I dont think there is an alternative tool I could have to create the same effect so this was invaluable to me in the creation of the magazine. 
Colour Picker- This tool was incredibly useful to keep continuity throughout the magazine. I used colours that relied heavily on them being identical to each other. Even if the colours were a shade different then you would be able to tell, ruining the continuity of the magazine.


Twitter-
I used Twitter to contact my teacher for possible improvement on my magazine. I asked about possible fonts, colours and also layouts for my magazine which I then used and on my final product. A lot of example magazine were also posted on the profile which gave me inspiration for my final product.

Internet (For Research)-
I extensively used the internet for research purposes. For example I used the internet to find the audience that I could aim my magazine at. UK Tribes was an invaluable tool which I would not have had access to if I had not had access to the internet. Another tool I used, Blogger, would also had been ruled out without access to the Internet.   


POWTOON LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment